February is National Children's Dental Health Month
February is National Children’s Dental Health Month (NCDHM), a national health observance day that highlights the importance of good oral health for kids.
As an adult, if you have a toothache, you may be uncomfortable and out of sorts. But you don’t worry too much because you can pick up a phone and call your kids dentistry team at our Woodinville, WA dental office.
How Dental Problems Affect Your Child's Well-Being
Unfortunately, when a child has a toothache, they may be too young to understand what pain is and what’s happening to them. The fact they can’t articulate the problem impacts many areas of their life:
- They may not want to play since they don’t feel well
- Painful teeth make it difficult for them to eat, causing their nutrition to suffer
- When a child’s distracted by a toothache, learning becomes a challenge
Help Your Child Enjoy Excellent Oral Health
It can be difficult for a parent to hear that their child may be suffering. The best way to help them enjoy a happy, carefree smile is to understand how proper oral hygiene and a nutritional diet can improve and enrich their lives:
- Be proactive with getting your little one accustomed to oral hygiene by starting at birth. Gently wipe their gums with a soft cloth once a day to remove formula or milk buildup.
- Book your child’s first dental appointment as soon as the first tooth appears. Your dentist uses these early visits to help your child build confidence and trust when visiting the dental office.
- As your child grows, help them learn how to brush properly and encourage them to make healthier food choices like eating an apple instead of a sugar-laden fruit roll-up.
Please Call Us to Arrange An Appointment
If you’re looking for high-quality kids dentistry in Woodinville, WA, please call Woodin Creek Dental to arrange a time to stop by and meet our team.